Thursday, July 31, 2008

Meeting Classmates-think twice when ur better half is with you !!!

NJ's home to a classmate of mine -TJ. I met TJ on Orkut and thought of visiting her family. To top it off, her mom-my Tenth class teacher was also there. So it was a triple treat- meeting teacher, classmate and yes TJ's daughter. I thought that this would be a better way to normalize/familiarize my Missus with my classmates and my high school life. But that was not to be !!!
TJ mentions that I was unbearable when I was in high school, very naughty. and irritating. ..puhleeze!!! She also mentions that at that time I used to stand in the front of the assembly line as I was the shortest in the class. Thanks to TJ, now Missus knows about that and cribs me. I keep telling Missus, that I only have/had face value, as I was podgy in school. Anyways, the best part of the conversation was when TJ remarked that I poked her with my compass when she strayed into the imaginary boundary set up on our bench. BOOM !!! Out goes all the credit saved up for my gentlemanly behavior !!! I was embarrassed and my face turned into a deep shade of red and purple. Missus was obviously ROTFL.
One of my classmates PM helped me with a favor and I thanked her and myself that I did not end up poking her with a compass or irritate her. So PM mails me and my wife that I was a very pleasant classmate with weird bouts of craziness. PM- you have redeemed me and I owe you !!!

Moral of the story: Think twice before you meet your classmates with your better half in tow. If possible avoid embarrassments and ostrich-hole scenarios (when you feel like putting your head in a hole and hide yourself) by going ALONE !!!

No comments: