Tuesday, August 05, 2008

How many national interest political parties do we have ??

Just after the nuclear deal, we witnessed a series of bomb blasts in and around Bangalore and Ahmedabad. The Israeli government has stepped in with their support on training IPS in handling terrorists. In this context, I was drawn to this stupid article by Sitaram Yechury. (Disclaimer: IMHO I believe that Israelis are best equipped to handle terrorism at all levels. Also I admire Israel for being able to survive in the midst of all the Arab nations. When I studied in the Middle East, the ministry officials used to blacken out Israel from our Atlases.)

In this context, we have 3-4 main parties, Congress-Mandal commission revisited, BJP-Godhra, Left-Bandhs + zero development and a host of small parties SP, BSP (Imagine having Mayawati as the PM, puhleeze). With regard to Sitaram's article, why would we play along with Iran or China and for what part of national interest ?

(Another disclaimer: I don't support any party.
I don't have a high regard for the Left party, because I am from Kerala)
In any case: I can not contribute to a change in this scenario as I am never going to get into politics or leave my NRI status, but I will still keep commenting about the political situation in India. Hah !!!

No comments: