Friday, July 11, 2008

Are you ideal or practical?

Yesterday, I was involved in a very interesting discussion about "how one can stick to their ideals and principles and not scrifice it". My roomie BR sticks to his conviction that though society asks you to do lot of things, it's you who finally should draw the line. I beg to differ from this point of view. As a very normal human being, I have made some choices in Life that dictate my future course. I have stuck to some ideals and have also made some practical decisions. Moreover, Life can never be a straight path, it's all about adjustments. I am surprised that BR's biggest support is his mom-I am in awe of her. I wish my parents were more understanding like Aunty !!! I have promised to meet Aunty whenever I go to India next. Having a discussion based on the simple aspects of life is very eye-opening. You get to know a different perspective to the whole situation. Thanks to BR and MT and also PKG, who was my sounding board during some very difficult phases.

3 comments:

Kris Sab said...

Nice post...I think it is ideal that a person is practical...Practically speaking, it is difficult to be an IDEAL person...But the most important question is : What is IDEAL and PRACTICAL??
:)

Vivek Menon said...

Kris: A very thin line exists between reality and practical situations. I guess age makes you more practical. We'll see !!!

Kris Sab said...

"I guess age makes you more practical"...Let us hope so....:P