Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Marriages are made in Heaven?? Who knows?

I have always wondered if marriages are made in heaven as the saying goes. Who knows if God thought about caste, religion, color, and what not before deciding if two people could marry on earth. Now this thought would not appeal to an atheist, because according to an atheist marriage is a ritual/custom that binds two people in a union of love. I know that this sentence is tacky. On numerous occasions, some south indian guy has called my maharashtrian friend "Ghati", which may or may not be an insult. I find offense in regional segregation of people based on location and I have been quick to point out to that person that I am married to a Maharashtrian as well. It is interesting to see the flustered look on the guy's face and then the muttering 'Love Marriage??' I plead why love marriage?? By rule, all marriages are love marriages, because two people like each other and have consented for their marriage. Who cares as along as you have found your soulmate. I came across Chirag's excellent blog that captured this thought.
I can sum up the whole idea by again reiterating that marriages are made in Heaven, but you need to arrange it on Earth LOL !!! Rock ON !!!

No comments: