Saturday, February 02, 2008

Red Lobster Friday..yey....

Sauntered over to Red Lobster (RL) on Friday finally. I have been planning to eat from RL for some time, but somehow nothing seemed to work out. So Manas asked me to come along with his CS group for dinner @ RL. Dinner was awesome, I had stuffed flounder...too good.
During random discussions with Manas's friend Pardha, he asked me how it felt moving from a 'democracy' to 'dictatorship'. I am not going to say what my answer was as that will land me in trouble with the concerned authorities. It seems that Pardha wants to wear a T-shirt to a wedding that blatantly says "Game Over". Now that gives rise to so many controversial thoughts; (i) Are girls comparable to the game found in forests and guys comparable to hunters? (ii) Once a guy gets married is there any rule that prevents him from admiring other girls?? I believe that you tend to appreciate the fairer sex only after marriage (iii) Did someone mentions the misses and hits..?? LOL I guess I stretched that too much.
I met one of Manas's frnds who studied @ WSU. It is always fun talking abt your previous schools (both in the Indian and US sense), colleges, etc. For some time we were comparing WSU and VT, both good schools in their own right. WSU is a small campus as compared to the humongous VT campus. Then a small campus also means that you know everyone personally as compared to the 'get-lost-in-the-crowd' feeling in large campuses. IMHO, nothing can be classified as good or bad, everything falls in the grey areas. This philosophy can be applied to everything and everyone in general and believe me this can also make a very nice tag line. Now you know why I have a grey car !!!
With a very nice feeling of deja vu, the dinner came to and but not without the surprise birthday cake for Manas. It was a 6 layer chocolate cake and nobody could eat a single slice completely, so we ended up sharing a slice. I could not help correlating the cake slice to the amount of fat that would show up on my belly and also to the amount of time I would have to spend in the gym burning those tons of calories. Nevertheless, awesome cake to top off an excellent dinner..[:D]

No comments: