Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mithya

I read some very ordinary reviews and decided to watch 'Mithya'- latest release from the famed Bollywood factory. The decision to watch Mithya was based on my admiration of the director Rajat kapoor's previous movie 'Bheja Fry'. I was not disappointed by Mithya. Mithya stars Ranvir Sheorey, Vinay Pathak, Neha Dhupia, Naseeruddin Shah, Iravati Harshe, etc. (no superstars, only actors). Ranvir stars as a struggling method actor who replaces a real-life don as they look identical. For the first half an hour, you don't know what to expect next and kinda sympathize with Ranvir aks VK. Everything goes fine until he replaces the don aka Raja Bhai. I liked the twist in the tale and was mindblown by Ranvir's performance. Iravati is stunning and fresh as the don's wife and somehow brings life to the role. Neha plays the gangster's moll who develops a liking to the struggling Ranvir. Though the movie does not have a conventional Bollywood ending, you kind of feel sad for the turmoil Ranvir has gone through. I liked Rajat's second outing as a director and I hope this kind of movies will continue to be churned out from Bollywood. Hats off to the director and Sourabh Shukla(dialogues).
I rate an unbiased 4.5/5 for this movie. It could have done with a better background score. Watch it @ your nearest theatre.

No comments: