Saturday, February 09, 2008

Problems installing MS Office 2004 on Mac OSX

I had a very harrowing time trying to install MS Office 2004 on my Mac. MS Office is not a necessary app but cannot compare to Neo because of formatting differences. I am not a proponent of MS Office apps but I need to use them when someone sends an Excel sheet/PPT file/.doc file. Google has still given us some choices such as Google Docs
I think I am going to advocate usage of LaTeX over any word processing app. LaTeX is not actually WYSIWYG in the literal sense, but in all practicality my LaTeX-ed document is WYSIWYW(What You See Is What You Write). No more headaches over formatting figures and filling up spaces.
On top of all this, I had to install more than 6 updates for Office 2004 to protect against vulnerabilities against hackers.

No comments: