Thursday, January 03, 2008

A year gone by

A year has gone by...I have the feeling of deja vu when I think about the year gone by. It is similar to looking out of a car traveling at abt 70mph. For some time you notice the trees going by and suddenly you just lose count.. A year gone by is just like that with the trees akin to the days. Some trees/days stand out and linger on for some more time.
The last month has been very hectic and erratic. I lost someone very very special. As fate would have it, I barely had time to grieve over it. I also reached another milestone in my life--can't blog abt that here. I also saw the arrival of two Sagis--Tara and Meher Natasha. Met both the darlings in CT and MI respectively. Lost the Toyota Corolla in a very bad accident. MG went ahead and bought her first SUV-2008 Honda CRV. the previous blog abt the Hertz deal was never utilized. We drove to CT, MI in our sparkling new CRV and logged abt 2K miles on it within 10 days. An average person in the US logs abt 20K miles on his car. I can gladly vouch that we are going to surpass that number by +5K easily.
New Year celebrations were very subdued..saw a couple of movies and then toasted champagne with everyone. I drove back to NJ on 1st, spent abt one hour removing the 1 feet thick blanket of snow on the car, cleaning the driveway. The drive back was very tiring with continuous snow for most of the time.
I hope that this Leap year bring good luck to everyone(specially me)...LOL
Wishing one and all a very Happy New Year...!!!

No comments: