Friday, January 11, 2008

Mixed Fruit Jam

Hmmmm..I had Mixed Fruit Jam after a very very long time. This small instance evoked a lot of memories from my childhood. As a child, we used to have different jams for breakfast: orange marmalade, cherry and pineapple. Pineapple was more common and I got bored with pineapple jams. Mango jam was more common in Pune and was a welcome change. Jackfruit jam was the highlight of the occasional Kerala trip. The saving grace in India was the ready availability of mixed fruit jam. I used to have jam sandwich in the middle of the day, practically anytime. Preparing for exams, study leave...the sudden rush of the different flavors such as strawberry, mango, blueberry, pineapple(well) gives you a high akin to alcohol.
Neways thanks to the Patel stores in NJ, I finally bought a bottle of Kissan's Mixed fruit jam and here I am writing this piece abt jam sandwiches. Oh yaa...Jammy is my fav cricketer as well...i had roomie called Jammy as well... and now it's time for me to have a jam sandwich.

No comments: