Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Memory upgrade

My current work requires compiling programs in emulation mode and I started seeing my Macbook slowing. Promptly I decided to upgrade the RAM on my MB. Dealram has always provided good deals on RAMs for laptops and desktops. I bought a 1GB RAM module in 2007 Feb for 67$ from 18004memory.com I was surprised to see that the same RAM module cost me only $14 now in 2009. This suggests that laptop memory is getting cheaper by the day. 
Transposing the value of computer memory to human memory value it's exactly the opposite. Humans cherish the value of memory. Older the memory, priceless it is !!! Also the price of memory increases as we get older, as our memory retention decreases. So if our memory were to be traded in the stock market, we would see our investment doubling over time. The assumption is that we are involved in good deeds, etc. 

Happy Makar Sankranti !!!

No comments: